Domestic Violence is a Crime
Support & Hope
Our 24-hour hotline is available to help you 365 days a year
Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention and safety planning. If you need a safe place, call the KCWS Hotline: 1-800-495-8078
If you are in immediate danger, CALL 911
Help is free and confidential.
The National Domestic Violence Hotline is also available
at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
Services We Provide Women & Their Children
All Services are FREE & CONFIDENTIAL
KCWS offers FREE counseling to victims of domestic violence and their children.
Kendall County Women's Shelter offers a variety of services and resources to assist victims of domestic violence and their children to live a life free from violence.
Residential and non-residential services include:
On-site Pet Shelter
24-hour HOT line
Life Skills Classes
Food and Nutrition
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find the shelter?
Our 24-hour Hotline is the gateway to our services, including shelter.
Please call us at 1-800-495-8078.
What is the cost for services?
All services, for both residential and non-residential clients, are provided free of charge.
Are your services confidential?
Yes. Our services are strictly confidential and all our staff and volunteers undergo training to ensure they abide by confidentiality and ethics standards.
What if I have an emergency and the line is busy?
- If you are in immediate danger call 911.
- You may also call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233.
- Please make sure you are in a safe place to talk.
- Conversations typically last 30 minutes.
- Our hotline advocates want to ensure that each caller’s questions are answered and they are provided with helpful information and resources specific to their needs. This means that occasionally all phone lines are occupied. If your call is not answered the first time you dial, please wait a few minutes and call back. If you are in immediate danger, please dial 911.
Who can access services?
Victims of domestic violence.
Do I have to give my name over the phone?
No, you may use an alias.
Do you offer services for men?
Yes, we provide services to all victims of domestic violence.
Do you offer services in another language?
- Yes, we have Spanish speaking volunteers and staff.
- To access TTY for deaf clients, please call 1-800-787-3224.
Can I bring my pet to the shelter with me?
- Yes. KCWS has the unique ability to provide safety for the family pet in a 1,350 square foot pet shelter. Dogs, cats and other small pets (such as birds, reptiles, rodents, and rabbits) are welcome.
- Clients are responsible for their pets' care while staying in the shelter.
- Arrangements for horses and other large animals must be made prior to entering the shelter and is subject to availability within the local network of equine organizations.
Need Counseling but Not Shelter?
If you have ever experienced domestic violence, you qualify for our non-residential services. Free and Confidential counseling services are available to all victims of family violence and their children. Please fill out the form below to reach out to our Clinical Director.